Vintage pattern haul

I was due for a Savers visit this week. It works well going in my lunch break - the time limit gives me boundaries and makes me hone my search to those all important areas - fabric, patterns, knitwear.....
Someone in the Greensborough area must have been one stylish lady in the 80's - I came across a fab haul of Vogue patterns, plus a couple of 70's patterns. I'm not too worried about them being mostly sized 14's - I've found a fabulous series of tutorials on how to grade patterns up and down on Casey's blog here, so playing with these should be fun....



These 2 Very Easy Vogues are Very Similar -shoulder pleating/gathering, loose fit front wrap dresses. I love the red floor length version in 7429, and the shawl collar in 7407.



Hilarious styling with Simplicity 7350, but I was able to see past this to the middle version, the shirt dress with gathered shoulders.



McCalls 3074 has the seductive claim of being "A POUNDS THINNER PATTERN" but I was drawn to the lovely seaming on the dresses and the knowledge that if I need an outfit to resemble a James Bond Dr No evil henchman, this pattern has me covered (view B, far right).



And finally - another Very Easy Vogue 7626. A onesie. M and I have a love-hate relationship with onesies. We love to hate them on other people. I have threatened him that one day he will get home and I WILL be wearing one. He has been warned. I now have a pattern. View A.

Comments