I'm gonna pop some tags....

I'm very fortunate to work close to a Savers, and even more fortunate that its too far out in the suburbs for thrifty hipsters to venture out and ravage on a regular basis. So I'll pop up every few weeks in my lunch break and have a bit of a sniff around the books, the fabric, the patterns and usually the knitwear.

I've scored some awesome finds - a cashmere cardi, cashmere/silk stripey jumper, denim sailor shorts (a snippet visible in the photos at the end of the last post) plus several patterns including the one from my last post, knitting needles, and LOTS of fabric. The awesome thing is each piece is maybe $3 or $4. I've scored  wool flannel, tweed, denim, a beautiful black cotton knit, a cheap and nasty synthetic printed stripey knit perfect for testing knit tops and practicing stripe matching......I'll usually come out with something worthwhile.

And this week was no different. The Deity of craftiness must have known I was coming. I scored a large piece of black twill-esque fabric perfect for a pair of Colette Irises I have planned, plus a giant set of 12mm knitting needles (with which I plan to attempt to rip this number), a smaller set of circulars, a cute t-shirt to refashion AND 2 great little bebe patterns. My dear friend Caroline is having her first bebe in a few weeks, and I'm putting together a little goodie pack of home sewn treats, and only yesterday was wishing I had a nice simple bib pattern. And lo, I found these:


A great little bib pattern plus a completely UNCUT playsuit onesie thing with multiple collar options. And you know how the modern seamstress loves a cute peter pan collar on things! And who wouldn't want to dress their baby in a onesie that looked like a strawberry? So that pleased me greatly.

Fabric, tshirt, 2x patterns 2x needles = $12.54!



Comments